A diet routine always find it difficult to control and refrain themselves from eating more.
· Do not talk, watch TV or computer while eating. This will distract you and you will end up eating more without realising it.
· If you are not feeling hungry do not eat. Eat only when the need arises.
· Choose something healthy for your snacks.
· You may also replace your large plates with smaller plates and cups. This will give you a satisfaction.
· Stop eating when you’re satisfied, not when you’re full. After you're done eating, your stomach should not feel empty, but also not completely full. If you feel stuffed, you ate too much food.
· To eat less, chew your food slowly and completely before swallowing.
· Many people seem to think that people get hungry at about 9 a.m, 1 p.m, 4 p.m. and again at 8 p.m. While this may be a generally good schedule for eating, remember that you don't have to eat at meal times if you're not hungry. Also, if you are hungry between meals, go ahead and have a healthy snack.
· Also do not starve between meals, this will only tend you to eat more when the meals come.
· Eat a healthy snack, before you go out for a buffet lunch/dinner.
· When you crave for junk food, brush your teeth with toothpaste.This triggers an automatic aversion to eating anything for awhile because most flavours do not go well with toothpaste.