New Delhi/Kathmandu,A high-intensity quake measuring 7.5 on the Richter scale today rocked many parts of East and North India, including Delhi, epicentre of which was Nepal.
Here are Live updates:
– At least one person was killed when an old building collapsed in the premises of the Indian consulate here when a massive earthquake shook the country on Saturday. The dead person was a Nepalese national, according to a journalist based here.
– PM Modi tweets: News has come in about an Earthquake in Nepal. Several parts of India also experienced tremors. We are working to reach out to those affected, both at home & in Nepal.
– Tremors again felt in Delhi and other parts of India
– Mobile phone services affected across Nepal
– Reports coming from Nepal say that few buildings have suffered damages
– As per initial reports, the epicenter was 83 km North West of Kathmandu, Nepal, measured 7.5 on Richter scale.
– Tremors were felt across eastern and northern parts of India, said J L Gautam, Head Operations Seismology of Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
– Earthquake of magnitude 7.5 occurred today at 11.41 AM between latitude 28.1 North and Longitude 84.6 East. The
epicentre was located in Nepal,” an IMD statement said.
– The tremors, which were felt in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Punjab, lasted for a minute, triggering panic and forcing people to rush out of their houses and offices.
– As soon as the tremors were felt especially in the high-rise buildings in Delhi, people frantically rushed out.(Source- www.newsroompost.com)